Sunday, March 11, 2012

Did you know you can buy patterns on craftsy?

Recently I was very excited to learn that Craftsy had added a new feature to their website. Craftsy was originally a great place to take online sewing and crafting courses and post your projects for others to see. Now they've added a new feature that allows designers to offer their patterns for sale. The best part? Instant download!

No more waiting for an email in your inbox. Just simple checkout, download and sew!

I got on board right away and now I'm excited to announce that I have a Craftsy Pattern Shop!


My very favorite part of this new feature is that anyone can post pictures of their projects and it links up with the pattern in the shop. If you're looking to buy a pattern you can see if anyone else has sewn it first, posted pictures, left reviews or suggestions, everything!



This is very similar to the Burda Style projects section only with a broader scope. All you do is click on the "+ Add a Finished Project" button, upload your pictures, chat a bit about your pattern, and post!


I thought that this would be a great place for everyone to post their finished corset photos if they would like to share. If you want to post your finished project, you can do so here.

I'm kind of an affirmation junkie (I'm a blogger, comes with the territory, I suppose.) so I love posting my projects to sites like these where people always leave encouraging comments and feedback.

As a little added incentive, (I really want to see your photos!) if you post a finished project of ANY Mrs. Depew Vintage pattern on Craftsy, I'll give you a free PDF Pattern!

Just email me (afewthreadsloose@gmail.com) with a link to your finished Craftsy post along with the pattern you'd like me to send you! This offer is good until March 25. Creating a Craftsy account is really fast, and of course, free.


In other sewing news, Sarah and I are taking a week long break from the Ooh la la pin-up Sew-along to give many of you a chance to catch up before we dive into the bra posts.

Also, A Few Threads Loose now has a How-To and Techniques Page. You can find it at the top of this page, just under the main banner image. It contains links to sewing how-to posts and tutorials from both my blog, and several other sites. There's a particular emphasis on lingerie sewing techniques so if you get stuck on a project and you want to see how to sew a placket closure, for example, just click on the placket closure link in the page and it takes you straight to a how-to post. I'm adding new terms and how-to links often so check back.

And, as always, if there's something you want to learn how to do, leave me a comment and I'll do everything in my power to find or create a tutorial for you.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Anna. I admire your ability to be able to create your own patterns. And I love Craftsy especially the online courses and to have this venue for pattern designers is great. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know lady and congrats on the new page! I'll definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be sure to post my corset (and any other of your patterns that I complete)! I haven't ventured around craftsy too much, but do have an account, so all I need to do is finish my corset in order to get it posted. A week's time should be enough, so I will be reday to jump into the bra next week. I am really curious about making a bra - I hope I never need to buy another one again . . .

    ReplyDelete