Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Treats

I just thought I'd share a bit of the newest jewel in my collection, from the December 1950 Modes et Travaux Magazine.

I've been busy working on a custom dress for a client (Yay, I have clients now!) so most of my creative juices have gone towards making that project perfect. That, and before the fabric arrived to work on the aforementioned, I was putting the finishing touches on my overalls from Anne Adams 4536. More to come on that later when I can wrangle my photographer (husband) to lend his assistance.

Most of this magazine is about chistmas gifts, perfume, and sewing and knitting projects. In French. Heaven.



It even came with a needlepoint transfer to help one accomplish the following:


And of course the latest fashion news about jewels sewn on to ones cardigans for ornament.

And some insanely gorgeous advertisements:


Lovely, lovely French culture.
If you haven't already, don't forget to check out the pattern and fabric giveaway that ends this Saturday!
Have a happy Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that pink dress! I swooned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord I am speechless at the needlepoint! Wouldn't mind having that but somehow very much doubt my ability to actually reproduce anything even slightly resembling. :)

    Piia

    ReplyDelete